: 101,84 €
Alloy wheels without secrets
The wheel is part of the chassis of the car on which we install the tire, or a tire with an inner tube in the case of older technology. The rims are usually made of mixtures of aluminum or steel alloys. In the case of rims used for car racing, the rims are made of a more durable, lighter magnesium alloy. Research is currently underway on wheels made of plastics. More on the subject of plastic rims can be found in the articleAre aluminum wheels a thing of the past?.We are primarily interested in aluminum wheels and we will pay attention to it in the article.
The advantages of aluminum wheelsh
Less weight of the product compared to steel rims? This feature guarantees slower development and wear of car components, which is not without significance at a time when cars are equipped with increasingly sophisticated, more complicated and hence more expensive suspension components.
Greater care and accuracy of workmanship? alloy wheels are made with a precision of up to 0.3 mm, while for steel rims it is currently only 0.7 mm, which affects smaller deviations.
Durability - Wheels aluminum are much more resistant to dynamic impact than steel rims. It is a myth to think that steel rims are more durable. When hit in the case of a steel rim he will get to dents and immediate loss of the air, which can have dangerous consequences. Aluminum wheels will absorb the impact energy due to their plastic form.
More efficient cooling of the braking system - the construction of aluminum wheels ensures better air flow and thus more effective cooling of the braking systems. As a result, not only their efficiency but also their vitality are improved.
A more effective and interesting form ? depending on the preferences of the vehicle owner, the chosen rim pattern can emphasize the sporty and at the same time elegant character of the car. Contrary to appearances, the choice of appropriate rims changes the appearance of the car diametrically.
Technical parameters of alloy wheels
Another issue that we would like to raise and present are the basic technical parameters of aluminum rims. Each of them plays quite an important role in choosing the rim for the car.
1) Diameter - it is presented in inches (1 inch = 2.54 cm). The size of the wheels that can be used in the car is specified by the manufacturer. For example, in Audi A4 B8 cars with the 2.0 TDI engine can be mounted rims from 16? up to 20?. Generally, the greater the vehicle's litration and power, the greater the minimum size of the rims. This is due to the need to use more effective brakes and, as a result, the diameter of the discs and clamps changes.
2) Diameter - a very important parameter is the number and spacing of bolt holes/mounting nuts. Spacing is nothing but the diameter of the circle on which the centers of these mounting holes are located. The diameter of the circle is given in millimeters.
Spacing is a parameter that we must follow strictly. It is possible to change the spacing by applying distances changing the spacing. This distance is bolted to the hub of the car, after which the rim is assembled with the second set of nuts.
The illustration below shows the correct way to check the spacing of pins.:
3) ET - Literally the depth of immersion, also known as offset, and colloquially weaning. The offset is usually given by means of the ET symbol. It determines the distance between the assembly plane of the rim (the plane at the hub and rim interface) and its vertical center of symmetry. We can meet positive and negative values on steel and aluminum rims. In the case of a zero ET value, the mounting plane is exactly on the vertical symmetry axis. To sum up: the smaller the shoulder, the rim is more outward. Service books only specify the parameters of currently mounted rims. However, the manufacturer specifies the range that can be used. It is a mistake to suggest parameters from steel rims when choosing aluminum rims.
4) Width - rims are measured between its protective flanges. The rim width is given in inches. Tires should be selected taking into account the recommendations of the manufacturer of rims, tires and vehicle. Nowadays, we have a very wide range of tires, so choosing the right one should not be a problem. If the authorized service informs us that we can not use other tires and wheels, than the manufacturer recommends or allowable replacements from the service book, it is usually a lack of knowledge or marketing treatment.
5)Centering hole - it is nothing but the diameter of the hole in the rim, which has been adapted to the specific dimension of the car. It often happens, however, that the center hole is larger than the diameter of the hub in the car. Then the centering ring should be used. Centering rings are made of plastic, because after screwing the rim to the hub of the car does not work on them no force. It serves to center the wheel to eliminate vibrations.
6) Bearing capacity ? determines the permissible load per one wheel, heavy-duty vehicles are dedicated for delivery vehicles carrying heavy loads, which have strengths of over 1000 kg per wheel. We also have such rims on offer.
Aluminum wheels w LadneFelgi.pl
We encourage you to use the configurator for choosing aluminum wheels on our the main page. By choosing the make, model and capacity of the car you will receive rims matching your vehicle. Our products ? wheels RacingLine are covered by a 3-year warranty and have the required certifications.In case of difficulty with the selection of rims, please contact our hotline.
In the next article, we will describe the methods for the production of aluminum rims.